Brand Director - Cosmetics Range
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic and commercially minded all-rounder to be the Brand Director for our fledgling sustainable cosmetics range. You’ll need to have worked within the international beauty industry and have a good grasp of sales, marketing and product development. This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales or marketing professional in the beauty industry looking to create and build a sustainable and profitable international cosmetics brand.
Join SproutWorld and help us make the world more sustainable through our innovative products. SproutWorld is B Corp certified, meaning we are among a select few businesses that meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance in the world. We’re a team of 35 employees and growing. Our head office is in Copenhagen, Denmark, and we also have an office in Boston, USA.
You may have heard of SproutWorld’s sustainable pencils and makeup liners that can be planted after use to blossom into flowers and plants. Our original, circular life products are sold in more than 80 countries, and we have sold more than 50 million pencils since the company was founded in 2013. Our B2B customers include well-known brands such as Nestlé, Disney, Porsche, Red Barnet, Coca-Cola, Marriott, and are also used by celebrities such as Richard Branson, Michelle Obama, and Gordon Ramsay.
About our cosmetics range
In 2021, we launched the first plantable makeup liner in the world. Our primary B2C sales channel is Amazon, but we also sell via our own webshop. Over the past year, we have been testing the potential of our makeup liners. The feedback has been positive and has demonstrated sufficient demand for our sustainable plantable makeup liners for us to now take it to the next level.
In 2021, during the Christmas period, SproutWorld liners were among the top 5 most sold liners on Amazon Italy, outperforming well-known cosmetic brands. We’ve also gained PR coverage in the beauty and fashion media, including Vogue and Elle. As a member of the B Corp Beauty Coalition alongside brands like The Body Shop, Rituals, and Weleda, we’re committed to doing what we can to improve sustainability standards within the wider beauty industry.
Brand Director duties and responsibilities
Our new Brand Director for Cosmetics will be responsible for taking our cosmetic range to the next level – building it into a stand-alone business with a positive P&L within a few years.
You will be responsible for P&L, setting and implementing the international sales, marketing and product strategy – and driving sales.
As Brand Director, your focus in the first period will be creating the foundations for growth – identifying and prioritising which international markets and which sales channels, both on- and offline to focus on; developing and maintaining good relationships with sales channels; defining the brand, marketing, SoMe and content strategy in collaboration with Marketing; and product development.
In the beginning, it will just be you. You will be supported by SproutWorld’s marketing team, with whom you’ll be working very closely. You will also have support from other internal departments. As the brand grows, so will your team.
You’ll need the mind, energy and creativity of an entrepreneur, be happy to work independently, and be highly motivated to build the cosmetics brand into a successful and sustainable business.
We are looking for someone with these qualifications as a minimum:
· You have 3-5 years of experience in a sales or marketing role within the beauty industry
· You have experience of working across international markets
· You are interested and have experience in working with sustainable cosmetic products
· You are fluent in written and spoken English
· Previous experience working with Amazon and other online sales channels an advantage.
· You are commercially focused and results-oriented
· You are entrepreneurial, innovative and have vision
· You are both strategic and able to execute
· You are positive, confident, outgoing, and decisive
· You are responsible, take initiative and set high standards for yourself
· You are adaptable, can work in a busy environment, and across disciplines
· You work equally well independently and as part of a team
· You are open, collaborative and respectful of your colleagues.
· An exciting job in a global and fast-growing company
· A company helping you being the best version of yourself
· A company that listens to your needs and strongly believes in work-life balance
· A company focusing on sustainability
· Great colleagues who are ambitious, passionate and supportive
· A friendly, relaxed work environment
· Good package and benefits.
If this sounds like you and it’s a role that excites you, send your application and your CV today to CMO: Klaus Vemmer: [email protected]
If you have questions, feel free to email Klaus Vemmer at: [email protected]